Forma | A Ministry of ECF, is the Network for Christian Formation for the Episcopal Church and beyond. We have members from across the United States, Canada, Mexico, South America, and Europe. We work ecumenically with several denominations including the Lutheran, Methodist, Presbyterian, Moravian, and Catholic communities.
OUR CORE VALUES
Forma | A Ministry of ECF is a community of…
- Love and Care: We share God’s love and care for others by fostering connection, celebration, hospitality, and reconciliation.
- Creativity and Wonder: We explore God’s creation with curiosity by encouraging openness, playfulness and stewardship.
- Formation and Education: We equip the saints for ministry by forming Christian leaders who will shape the Church.
- Integrity and Dignity: We act with authenticity and integrity by respecting the dignity of every human being.
- Honor and Call: We discern and honor the gifts God has given each of us by listening and answering God’s call.
FAITH @ HOME
Our faith is not just something we check in with on Sundays; our faith is how we live lives of meaning and purpose every day of the week, if we will learn to notice and respond to how God is moving.
GOOD BOOK CLUB
The Good Book Club is an invitation to all Episcopalians to join in reading the Gospel of Matthew during Easter 2020. Episcopalians will read a section every day through the Easter season. In surveys taken before and after the first Good Book Club project in 2018 (reading the Gospel of Luke and the Book of Acts), participants reported growth in their understanding of scripture and a deepening of their prayer life. Perhaps most significantly, the percentage of people who reported reading the Bible on a daily basis increased to 73 percent at the end of the first Good Book Club reading, from 45 percent when it began. Already, individuals, congregations, and organizations have committed to being a part of the Good Book Club, and we hope you’ll join the journey too!
WAY OF LOVE
IMPORTANT UPDATE FROM OUR PRESIDING BISHOP
In the midst of this COVID-19 pandemic, we are now at another one of those threshold moments…
Forma has members from many different backgrounds. We have options for everyone’s ministry context.
Forma’smonthlynewsletter provides important information to the Forma Membership.