St. Barnabas is a loving, dedicated community of Christ’s disciples serving in the communities of North Pasadena and Altadena, California.
Love One Another
- As a community, we support local outreach to the homeless by joining our efforts with Union Station, including sponsoring dinner for the shelter residences once a month.
- Our Men’s Group hosts a Prayer Breakfast on Saturdays where we feed the homeless. During the week, Jackie Robinson Center next door offers meals, but they are closed on the weekend.
- We also support local outreach through our next-door neighbor, the Jackie Robinson Community Center, especially in sponsoring a little league team.
- Annually, our Men’s Group awards the Conerly Scholarship to promote advanced education for Pasadena and Altadena high school students
- Our chapter of ECW hosts annual garage and bake sales, themed masses, and fundraising events to support Episcopal Relief and Development
Feed My Sheep
- Sunday Eucharist Services are normally held at 8:00 AM and 10:15 AM. During the pandemic, we have an online service hosted on Zoom and Facebook, based on the Daily Office Moring Rite II for the day in the BCP.
- We invite Fuller Seminarians to offer sermons through the efforts of our preaching team.
- Children’s Sunday School is held in the Parish Hall during the 10:15 service. The children rejoin the service during the Eucharist
- Adult Bible Study is held online every Wednesday Evening after evening prayer.
- Online Evening Prayer is held every weeknight at 6:00 PM. On Wednesday, evening prayer is followed immediately by bible study.
- St. Barnabas Chorus publishes This Week In Prayer, with service bulletins and recordings of the sung Daily Offices for Morning, Noon, Evening, and Compline.
Members of the Episcopal Branch of the Jesus Movement: https://episcopalchurch.org/
Located in the Diocese of Los Angeles: https://diocesela.org/
Committed to our Pasadena Community